SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. 8 + years experience in television news at a senior level, including outputting live programs and television news production.
2. Previous experience in a large national or international broadcast news channel.
3. Experience of newsroom production systems and desktop editing.
4. Team management experience.
5. Experience of or appreciation of cross-platform working.
6. A strong grasp of international affairs, with a deep interest in China and other APAC countries.
7. Evidence of a broad range of journalistic interests including social affairs, public policy, world business and economic affairs, Sciences and the Arts.
8. Fluent English Speaker. Familiarity with Mandarin Chinese a plus.
China Global Television Network, or CGTN, is China’s new international media organization.
It was launched by the national broadcaster China Central Television (CCTV) on December 31, 2016.
By launching CGTN, we want to re-brand our product to the world, to cope with the global trend in media convergence.
CGTN English is the flagship channel.
The strategy, “Mobile first”, aims to fulfill the demands of global viewers and users for easier access to content on different platforms.
With an international team of professionals from more than 70 countries and regions, CGTN is an investment in the future of news media.