VMware Sales Academy Overview:
VMware invests for the future in VMware’s Sales Organization through the VMware Sales Academy. The VMware Sales Academy (VSA) is an extensive training program with two tracks: Inside Sales and Technical Services. The academy involves sales, technical and product training for all participants. Following training, successful participants will be moved into an Associate Sales role (Inside Sales Representative or Inside Partner Business Manager) or a Technical Services Role (Associate Systems Engineer or Associate Consultant): the next step in their VMware Journey. We're looking for people who love to win, have strong business ethics and great communication skills. The VSA expects to offer you,
• Mentoring, coaching and sponsorship for career development.
• Effective communications training to ensure great customer interactions.
• Customer and partner facing activities and tasks, providing real-world experience.
• Commercial and technical presentation training.
• Hands-on training in leading edge VMware technology, highly desired in the IT industry.
The Inside Sales Representative is assigned to a specific geographic area with somean Outside Sales Representatives. The Inside Sales Representative's primary role is to maximize sales in the assigned market territory through leveraging the partner sales community and the Outside Sales Representative. The primary focus is aimed at sales opportunities and accounts and is achieved by collaborating with partners to identify, develop, accelerate, up-sell and close transactions. It is expected that this role will increase deal win rates as well as accelerate time to close on key opportunities. The Task includes
• Achieve run rate quota and assist Outside Sales Representatives to meet/exceed territory quota
• Primary driver for new accounts coverage and partner enablement
• Work closely with channel partners to drive marketing and sales activity
• Identify and establish relationships with new business prospects and maintain relationships with the existing installed base
• Navigate org charts through outbound prospecting to identify new opportunities. Sell/Market to large
• audiences (1: many) utilizing web conferencing technologies
• Thoroughly follow up on the qualified leads; close and process orders
• Focus on generating qualified leads through strategic planning, outbound calling, follow-up to marketing campaigns and fielding web site inquiries
• Accurately document all activity in the VMWare CRM for Executive Staff forecasting
• Follow up qualified Leads passed by Marketing LDR from marketing events
• Explains technical, industry, and market facts to position VMware as a competitive solution
• Cooperates and collaborates with colleagues, cross-functionally, to support the sales process and ordering process
• Knowledge can be demonstrated either through direct experience or similar experiences through internship
• Be able to work under pressure and carry/exceed quotas
• Ability in high-volume outbound calling, prospecting, lead qualification and closing
• Good verbal and written communication skill
• Applicants need to be comfortable working with others and in a team environment good at cross-functional cooperation
• Self-motivated with a high attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines multitask
• An unwavering positive attitude, strong drive for results, and the ability to deal with ambiguity are a must
• Must be open to receiving constructive criticism (feedback) and applying and integrating the feedback in an effort to improve their results
• Demonstrates good judgment in analyzing information to make routine decisions
• Good verbal and written communication skill and good English communication skill in reading and writing
• Bachelor degree required, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Marketing or equivalent degree preferred
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.