AMD's Semi-Custom business unit (SCBU) provide customers a level of flexibility and differentiation that goes beyond standard AMD products, the business unit takes AMD to a new level of customer-centric design by integrating these building blocks with customer-specific IP to create tailor-made solutions using a flexible system-on-a-chip (SoC) design methodology. It has access to leading-edge IPs from all of AMD's business units.
AMD's Semi-Custom business unit has its own dedicated system-on-chip engineering team focusing on high-volume, high-value applications across a wide array of markets, including: gaming, set-top boxes, smart TVs, PCs, tablets, servers, high performance computing and infrastructure applications. Sony and Microsoft are SCBU’s customers with the chips in Playstation 4 and XboxOne consoles.
• Design, develop and debug kernel mode driver, display driver and user mode 3D drivers
• Low level programming of hardware devices (initialize hardware, allocate hardware resource, handle interrupt, read/write memory/register, etc)
• Understand new display h/w features, design driver support, create proof of concept demos
• Work independently on the software design, fix coding bugs
• Work with different functional teams to triage, analyze and debug cross-domain issues
• Drive customer issue solving and deliver finely tuned answers or fixes in timely manner
• knowledge of display pipeline programming model and industrial standards (HDMI, DP, HDCP, etc) or knowledge of modern 3D rendering pipelines of D3D/OpenGL
• The candidate must have good understanding of data structures, design patterns, C/C++ language features and good coding style.
• The candidate must be self-motivated and have strong interest to self-learn new technologies in a fast paced group
• The candidate must have strong analytical skill, problem solving skill and communication skill.
• Compute science degree or other degrees with relevant technical discipline
AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) designs and integrates technology that powers millions of intelligent devices, including personal computers, tablets, game consoles and cloud servers that define the new era of surround computing. AMD solutions enable people everywhere to realize the full potential of their favorite devices and applications to push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information, visit www.amd.com