• Coordinates the internal resources and leads WuXi's efforts for timely completion of projects by interacting with the client and internal technical staff
• Represents WuXi's best interests before clients.
• Keeps clients updated in a timely manner regarding progress of project, decision points, and events through teleconferences, e-mails, site visits or other suitable means.
• Assists in all documentation as appropriate. Ensures invoices are sent to client for processing.
• Ensures that project tasks conform with the scope of the project and any signed agreements between WuXi and client.
• Ensures Management is well informed on project progression and revenue tracking/forecasting.
• Leads the project team to fulfill the contract requirement and meet the client’s need for CMC development or manufacturing projects as appropriate.
• Tracks the progress of projects and coordinates WuXi's staff and resources to meet project deadlines in a timely and efficient manner.
• Disseminates and facilitates information flow/exchange among WuXi departments and between the client and WuXi.
• Manage scope change in project execution and assist to sign supplementary agreement for it.
• Holds regular internal project meetings to discuss and plan the projects.
• Holds regular meetings with clients to update progress via teleconference or site visits as appropriate.
• Maintains records to document all relevant communications related to projects.
• Copies files and mails final reports.
• Help Service Department to generate invoices and send them to the client.
• Maintains the WuXi standard quality and format of communications (e.g. letters, proposals, reports, etc.) and overall harmonization of documentation at the corporate level.
• Monitors timeline and contract for accuracy and follows up on any discrepancies with clients and/or internal personnel.
• Assists with training of team members as appropriate.
• BS/MS/PhD with major in Biological Sciences, Chemical engineering, or equivalent training plus 1 or more years project management experience or equivalent training and/or experience.
• Ability to accomplish the described duties through the use of appropriate computer equipment and software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook) and general office equipment (i.e. photocopier, fax machine and phone equipment).
• Ability to accurately and reproducibly perform arithmetic calculations including fractions, decimals and percentages.
• Ability to use judgment as dictated by complexity of situation.
• Ability to work under limited supervision and to handle problems of a more difficult nature.
• Ability to interpret written instructions and to write form letters and routine correspondence.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions.
• Ability to receive and comprehend and to effectively communicate detailed information through verbal and written communication.
• Ability to prioritize tasks in fast paced work environment.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to exhibit effective interpersonal skills.
• Ability to build rapport with internal co-workers and clients in such a way as to maximize quality of client service.
Primary Location: China – Wuxi
Established in December 2000, WuXi AppTec is a leading global pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and medical device open-access capability and technology platform with operations in China and the United States. As an innovation-driven and customer-focused company, WuXi AppTec provides a broad and integrated portfolio of services throughout the drug R&D process. Our services are designed to help our worldwide customers shorten the discovery and development time and lower the cost of drug and medical device R&D through cost-effective and efficient solutions.
WuXi AppTec has successfully established a fully integrated services and technology platform during the past decade. The company built its initial capabilities around discovery chemistry and has further enhanced the integrated services with analytical services, bio-analytical services, process research, process development services, API manufacturing services, DMPK/ADME, discovery biology, pharmacology, formulation, toxicology, genomic services, biologics manufacturing services, antibody and biological research reagent manufacturing and sales, and most recently clinical research and regulatory services.
WuXi AppTec has developed from four founders and a single laboratory in December 2000 to 10,000 employees and 5 million square feet of laboratory and manufacturing space, including facilities under construction. The company is actively improving its capabilities and capacity through new expansions in its global business. Capitalizing on the great advantage of conducting R&D services both in China and in the U.S., WuXi AppTec is building an alternative R&D engine to serve the global life-science industry.