International News Planner：
We are looking for an International News Planner who will research, develop and organize future story development for CGTN from our global headquarters in Beijing.
1. Day-to-day planning responsibility for international news.
2. Manage and follow-up requests and keep inventory of incoming packages.
3. Propose series and special theme coverage.
4. Aggressively seek, develop, and research international stories.
5.Monitor wire services, email, social media and radio for breaking news stories.
6.Collaborate with CGTN’s other Global Production Centres for news feeds and event planning to aggressively set the news agenda.
7.Work with the assignment editors to gather background material and set up stories for reporters and production teams.
8.Ability to work with news management on the execution of the news strategy and tactics.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Undergraduate degree.
2. 5 + years of experience in news reporting or gathering, preferably at an overseas TV network.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Experienced at responding to changing circumstances and breaking news. Remains calm and patient under pressure.
5. Strong interest in China and APAC countries.
6. Positive approach and proactive working style.
7. Must be able to work irregular hours and work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
8. Fluent English speaker.
China Global Television Network, or CGTN, is China’s new international media organization.
It was launched by the national broadcaster China Central Television (CCTV) on December 31, 2016.
By launching CGTN, we want to re-brand our product to the world, to cope with the global trend in media convergence.
CGTN English is the flagship channel.
The strategy, “Mobile first”, aims to fulfill the demands of global viewers and users for easier access to content on different platforms.
With an international team of professionals from more than 70 countries and regions, CGTN is an investment in the future of news media.