SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field
2. 5+ years experience in digital journalism, preferably with an international broadcaster.
3. Ability to work in fast-paced environment, deal with intense deadline pressure and continually react to breaking news.
4. Extensive knowledge of current events, geopolitics and international relations, especially China and APAC countries.
5. Demonstrated individual initiative and the ability to work autonomously, as well as having taken direction on priorities and editorial style.
China Global Television Network, or CGTN, is China’s new international media organization.
It was launched by the national broadcaster China Central Television (CCTV) on December 31, 2016.
By launching CGTN, we want to re-brand our product to the world, to cope with the global trend in media convergence.
CGTN English is the flagship channel.
The strategy, “Mobile first”, aims to fulfill the demands of global viewers and users for easier access to content on different platforms.
With an international team of professionals from more than 70 countries and regions, CGTN is an investment in the future of news media.