We are seeking a Copy Editor to join our news production team at our global headquarters in Beijing.
1. Review scripts for accuracy, style, balance and conformity. Check source material and ensure scripts are ready for air.
2. Edit copy to ensure scripts are easy to understand, interesting, creative and compelling. Work toward conversational anchor copy that is accurate and up-to-date.
3. Serve as a close advisor on editorial, grammar and news language issues.
4. Verify accuracy of all components of programs, including graphics and other on-air editorial elements.
5. Correctly format scripts and view video and graphics to ensure scripts and images are in sync.
6. Take a proactive and diplomatic role in many aspects of program preparation.
7. Collaborate with other team members in order to help determine most creative and editorially accurate solutions.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Undergraduate degree
2. 5+ years of experience with strong editing skills which includes accuracy, balance, language and style.
3. Native English speaker.
4. Proven accomplished writer who thinks in visuals.
5. Flexibility to adapt during breaking news, and an ability to adapt to program or anchor style and rewrite when necessary.
6. Must be able to produce quality work in a fast-paced and demanding live/24-hour news environment.
7. Previous experience working overseas preferred.
8. Extensive knowledge of current events, geopolitics and international relations, especially China and APAC countries.
9. Must be able to work irregular hours and work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
10. Proficiency with desk-top editing software a plus.
China Global Television Network, or CGTN, is China’s new international media organization.
It was launched by the national broadcaster China Central Television (CCTV) on December 31, 2016.
By launching CGTN, we want to re-brand our product to the world, to cope with the global trend in media convergence.
CGTN English is the flagship channel.
The strategy, “Mobile first”, aims to fulfill the demands of global viewers and users for easier access to content on different platforms.
With an international team of professionals from more than 70 countries and regions, CGTN is an investment in the future of news media.