With a proven track record as an engaging television news presenter, you will be experienced at handling breaking news on air and be able to sustain impromptu live broadcasts without autocue.
You will also:
1. Be a trained journalist with 5 + years experience as a broadcast TV news anchor
2. Demonstrate strong interviewing skills.
3. Have excellent television news writing skills.
4. Native English Speaker. Familiarity with Mandarin Chinese preferred.
5. Have a good understanding of international news, current affairs, and world history.
6. Be able to digest complex issues quickly and present those issues in a direct and simple way.
7. Show a willingness to embrace the future of the digital world.
8. Previous reporting/anchoring experience in China/APAC is preferred.
China Global Television Network, or CGTN, is China’s new international media organization.
It was launched by the national broadcaster China Central Television (CCTV) on December 31, 2016.
By launching CGTN, we want to re-brand our product to the world, to cope with the global trend in media convergence.
CGTN English is the flagship channel.
The strategy, “Mobile first”, aims to fulfill the demands of global viewers and users for easier access to content on different platforms.
With an international team of professionals from more than 70 countries and regions, CGTN is an investment in the future of news media.