Quantitative Research PhD
· Developing mathematical models for pricing, hedging and risk measurement of derivatives securities
· Supporting trading activities by explaining model behavior, identifying major sources of risk in portfolios, carrying out scenario analyses, developing and delivering quantitative tools, and supporting analytics
· Evaluating quantitative methodologies - identifying and monitoring model risk associated with derivative valuation models
· Assessing the appropriateness of quantitative models and their limitations for valuation and risk management
· Implementing risk measurement and valuation models in software and systems
· Designing efficient numerical algorithms and implementing high performance computing solutions
· Designing and developing software frameworks for analytics and their delivery to systems and applications
The ideal candidate will have:
· Enrolled in a PhD, Masters or equivalent degree program in math, sciences, engineering or computer science
· Exceptional analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
· Mastered advanced mathematics arising in financial modeling (i.e., probability theory, stochastic calculus, partial differential equations, numerical analysis) or should have exceptional software design -and development skills using C++
· Knowledge of equities derivative modeling and options pricing theory preferred but not required
About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is one of the most respected financial institutions in the world – which is why we can offer you an outstanding career. We have been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. Throughout our history, we have played a leading role in helping companies grow and markets develop. Globally we work together to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients’ needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in more than 100 countries, and hold global leadership positions in each of our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients, shareholders and the firm every day.
Quantitative Research is an expert quantitative modeling group in J.P. Morgan, an unchallenged leader in financial engineering, derivatives modeling and risk management. With more than 200 analysts worldwide, Quantitative Research partners with traders, marketers and risk managers across all products and regions.
Quantitative skills are a core capability of J.P. Morgan, contributing critically to product innovation, effective risk management and appropriate financial and risk controls. The team's mission is to develop and maintain sophisticated mathematical models, cutting-edge methodologies and infrastructure to value and hedge financial transactions ranging from vanilla flow products to complex derivative deals. We also develop portfolio risk-measurement methodologies and quantify credit and market risk exposures and economic capital.
Through the diversity of the businesses it supports and the variety of functions that it is responsible for, the Quantitative Research group provides unique growth opportunities for its new intern to develop their abilities and their careers.