- Host and guide assigned on-site TV program delivery.
- Be proficient in writing and structuring packages in a high pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Have creative ideas and strategies about how to expand culture coverage.
- Conceive proper ways to cover the biggest culture stories of the day and move the conversation forward.
- Generate ideas for off-diary stories, exclusives and investigations.
- Demonstrate a willingness to embrace the culture of China society.
- Bachelor degree is a must, and major in Journalism, Communications or related field preferred.
- Speak English at idiomatic level is essential, and familiarity with Mandarin Chinese preferred.
- 3 years relevant experience in media industry required, either off-camera or on-camera role are welcomed.
- Have demonstrated a passion for delivering news in a fast, accurate and compelling way to a global audience.
- Ability to generate fresh ideas and angles for stories and storytelling formats under pressure.
- Proven team player who can overcome communication gaps and rapidly-changing scenarios.
- Knowledge of news and video editing proficiency preferred.
- Live news production experience a big plus.
- A strong grasp of international affairs, with a deep interest in China and other APAC countries.- 2 years above living experience in China preferred.
China Global Television Network, or CGTN, is China’s new international media organization.
It was launched by the national broadcaster China Central Television (CCTV) on December 31, 2016.
By launching CGTN, we want to re-brand our product to the world, to cope with the global trend in media convergence.
CGTN English is the flagship channel.
The strategy, “Mobile first”, aims to fulfill the demands of global viewers and users for easier access to content on different platforms.
With an international team of professionals from more than 70 countries and regions, CGTN is an investment in the future of news media.