As part of our mandate to provide business intelligence and foster a European business community the Chamber holds a variety of events for members and the general public.
- Contribute to the development an annual events plan in collaboration with line manager and the needs of the Beijing Chapter
- Develop and execute ideas and concepts for business themed events. Recruit and develop relationships with speakers and potential speakers.
- Write event promotions teasers/write ups for the purpose of promotion and marketing.
-Ensure smooth on site management of all events including seminars, forums, summits, dinners and networking by implementing standard operating procedures
-Lead the organization of logistics including venues, invitations, speakers, marketing, and advertising, procurement of goods and services and funding of each event
- Be responsible for the regular and accurate event reporting and forecasting
- Work effectively with other colleagues in the execution of events where content is driven by other departments/colleagues
Skills & experience
Based on the strengths of outstanding applicants; we will consider candidates who excel in areas relating to developing content or in areas relating to event management.
-Excellent command of spoken and written English.
-Minimum 3 years’ experience as event manager, or role in marketing, PR, academia or a related field.
- Excellent (or native) Chinese language skills would be considered a plus (but not essential).
- Strong research skills to understand where key developments are taking place (especially in terms of legislation) and If these have the potential to effect the European business community.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, internet and email
-Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
-Ability to work to strict deadlines
-High degree of accuracy
-A team player with a proactive and flexible approach to work with an outgoing personality
-Confident in dealing with clients and negotiating with suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Knowledge of content management systems and e-marketing platforms
- Demonstrable ability in creation of content
ABOUT THE CHAMBER
"As the independent voice of European business in China, we seek greater market access and improved operating conditions for European companies".
The European Union Chamber of Commerce in China was founded in 2000 by 51 member companies that shared a goal of establishing a common voice for the various business sectors of the European Union and European businesses operating in China. It is a members-driven, non-profit, fee-based organisation with a core structure of 25 Working Groups and 7 Fora representing European business in China.
The European Chamber now has more than 1,600 members in 7 chapters operating in 9 cities: Beijing, Nanjing, Shanghai, Shenyang, South China (Guangzhou and Shenzhen), Southwest China (Chengdu, Chongqing) and Tianjin. Each chapter is managed at the local level by local boards reporting directly to the Executive Committee.
The Chamber is recognised by the European Commission and the Chinese Authorities as the official voice of European business in China. It is recognised as a Foreign Chamber of Commerce with the Ministry of Commerce and China Council for the Promotion of International Trade.
The European Chamber is part of the growing network of European Business Organisations (EBO). This network connects European business associations and chambers of commerce located in more than 30 third markets around the world.
- To be the unified, independent, and influential voice of European Business in China
- To be a member value driven organisation serving European Companies across all industries and services throughout China
As a member based organization, the European Chamber seeks to:
- Ensure greater market access and a level playing field for European Companies in China
- Improve market conditions for all businesses in China
- Facilitate networking among members and stakeholders
- Bring specific information relevant to its members on doing business in China
- Update its members on economic trends and legislation in China
- We are an independent, non-profit organisation governed by our members.
- We work for the benefit of European business as a whole.
- We operate as a single, networked organisation across Mainland China.
- We maintain close, constructive relations with the Chinese and European authorities while retaining our independence.
- We seek the broadest possible representation of European business in China within our membership: large, medium and small enterprises from all business sectors and European Member States throughout China.
- We operate in accordance with Chinese law and regulations.
- We treat all our members, business partners and employees with fairness and integrity.
- Member Focused and Driven
- Fact Based
How to apply
Applications should be submitted including CV, expected salary and personal assessment questionnaire (PAQ) stating clearly “Application for Events Manager, Beijing” to email@example.com by 15th July, 2019.
Personality Assessment Questionnaire - Events Manager, Beijing
1. What do you know about the work of the European Union Chamber of Commerce in China (EUCCC) and of Chamber of Commerce organizations in general? (max. 200 words)
2. What particular knowledge or skills do you have that would make you successful in this position? (max. 200 words)
3. What factors need to be considered for the organisation of a successful event? (max. 200 words)