Senior Graphics Designer
Senior Graphics Designer:
We are seeking a Senior Graphics Designer with sole responsibility to conceive, design and produce high-quality graphics for CGTN programs at our global headquarters in Beijing.
1. Design and execute highly creative broadcast graphics for CGTN according to brief and deadline.
2. Work closely with the Graphic Designers and the Studio Art Director to oversee the conception, design and production of daily graphics requirements.
3. Design and implement program graphics that depart from television clichés, incorporating physical and virtual sets and computer-generated graphics.
4. Direct and produce still and animated explanatory graphics.
5. Lead the design and implementation of style guides.
6. Creatively direct and manage the graphic designers.
7. Supply frequent feedback to Studio Art Director.
8. Support the Studio Art Director in a creative and technical capacity and stand in for the Art Director when required.
9. Assist in leading creative and production meetings and attend inter-department meetings.
10. Develop and maintains strong relationships with channel programs.
11. Understand the operational and creative requirements of CGTN and ensure designs adhere to all CGTN brand guidelines.
12. Keep up to date with design and technological development in software and hardware as applied to news graphics production.
13. A working knowledge of copyright law.
14. Able to professionally pitch creative concepts and ideas.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Undergraduate degree
2. 5 +years’ experience in a TV production environment. Experience in News broadcast design and production; Information Graphics; and Motion Graphics.
3. Skilled in all necessary software, Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator.
4. Strong design and composition skills.
5. Technical aptitude and computer skills.
6. High levels of productivity with strong creative ability.
7. Ability to articulate ideas and concepts to clients.
8. Ability to translate Management requirements into practical solutions.
9. Must be able to work in a fast-paced and demanding live-to-air 24-hour news environment.
10. Must be able to work irregular hours and work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
11. Fluent English speaker. Knowledge of Mandarin Chinese preferred.
Apply via: firstname.lastname@example.org
State owned enterprise
China Global Television Network, or CGTN, is China’s new international media organization.
It was launched by the national broadcaster China Central Television (CCTV) on December 31, 2016.
By launching CGTN, we want to re-brand our product to the world, to cope with the global trend in media convergence.
CGTN English is the flagship channel.
The strategy, “Mobile first”, aims to fulfill the demands of global viewers and users for easier access to content on different platforms.
With an international team of professionals from more than 70 countries and regions, CGTN is an investment in the future of news media.