We are now seeking a Digital Editor to join CGTN’s Digital production team at our global headquarters in Beijing.
1. Produce multimedia news stories combining appropriate text, video, photography, audio and infographics for publication to CGTN.com, CGTN App, Weibo/Twitter accounts and other digital products.
2. Demonstrate experience in writing clean, accurate copy to deadline, while producing content that is creative and engaging for a global audience.
3. Work with television producers, reporters and correspondents to best repurpose broadcast content across all digital assets.
4. Must be prepared to go out to report news stories if needed using a variety of media skills.
5. Be proficient in desk-top editing.
6. Demonstrate strong knowledge and proficiency in the latest digital technology and systems across websites and social media platforms.
7. Know how to leverage social media to attract new audiences using the unique story-telling tools of specific sites.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field
2. 5+ years experience in digital journalism, preferably with an international broadcaster.
3. Ability to work in fast-paced environment, deal with intense deadline pressure and continually react to breaking news.
4. Extensive knowledge of current events, geopolitics and international relations, especially China and APAC countries.
5. Demonstrated individual initiative and the ability to work autonomously, as well as having taken direction on priorities and editorial style.
Apply via: firstname.lastname@example.org
State owned enterprise
China Global Television Network, or CGTN, is China’s new international media organization.
It was launched by the national broadcaster China Central Television (CCTV) on December 31, 2016.
By launching CGTN, we want to re-brand our product to the world, to cope with the global trend in media convergence.
CGTN English is the flagship channel.
The strategy, “Mobile first”, aims to fulfill the demands of global viewers and users for easier access to content on different platforms.
With an international team of professionals from more than 70 countries and regions, CGTN is an investment in the future of news media.