VMware is now seeking Software Quality Engineer to join its engineering team in China team to help China R&D further growth.
We empower our customers by radically simplifying IT through virtualization software with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). At VMware, you will be challenged to create innovative solutions for our customers by solving complex problems in a team-focused environment. If you are driven to imagine, define and deliver what’s next for the industry and your career while unlocking your full potential, come to VMware. You will have the opportunity to grow in our flexible and dynamic environment, challenge your thinking, and influence the future of technology.
Working with other Quality Engineering team members, including feature domain experts, you will analyze product requirements and feature specifications to create robust, data driven test plans built to find defects, and oversee execution of test runs and report test failures through bug tracking systems.
As this Development Engineer job is open for all China R&D, so it may have one or more combined responsibilities from below:
• Plan and execute white box, fray box and black box testing using defined methodologies for manual and automation tests;
• Build and maintain testing tools and harness;
• Write test plans, strategies and cases based on requirements or function specifications;
• Report and follow up with bugs;
• Work closely with developers and program managers to analyze test results to verify functionality and recommend corrective action in the case of failure;
• Develop automation scripts to improve work efficiency.
• Work on next generation SDN product.
• Bachelor or Master Degree is desired in related disciplines, including Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Automation and Applied Mathematics, etc.
Skills and Experience:
• Good understanding of popular operating systems such as Windows, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android, etc.;
• Familiar with programming using one or more languages: C/C++, Java, C#, Perl, Shell, Python, Ruby; OR experience with REST or other web APIs such as SOAP/WSDL;
• Experience with networking protocols, or Directory services and Terminal services, or designing Object Oriented systems;
• Understanding of VMware vSphere platform is highly desirable;
• Willingness to take on challenges and learn new technologies;
• Solid verbal and written English communication skills;
• A Self-starter and good team player;