Group Leader/Ass. Director-QC/Analytical Science and Technology
• Lead a group of scientists to perform analytical method development/optimization, qualification/validation under cGMP.
• Communicate with other functional areas and clients to ensure timely completion of QC activities to meet project timeline.
• Review and approve technical documents such as methods, qualification/validation protocols and reports.
• Serve as technical lead to solve technical challenges and support laboratory investigations.
• Assist higher management to schedule resources, coordinate laboratory activities, improve data and document quality to meet client expectation.
• Graduate degree in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, molecular/cell biology or related fields. Relevant industrial working experience, 3-5 year for candidates with MS degree, 2-3 year for Ph.D. candidates.
• Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in the following areas:
Biochemical assays such as ELISA, cell based assay, qPCR, Western blot, enzyme activity testing
Separation assays such as HPLC, CE, gel electrophoresis
Biophysical assays such as MS, spectroscopy (UV, FTIR, CD, fluorescence, etc.), DSC.
• Strong communication skills in English and Chinese, fluent in speaking, writing and reading in both languages.
• Critical thinking, scientific reasoning and problem solving skills.
• For Ph.D. candidates, proven track of record of scientific achievements.
Established in December 2000, WuXi AppTec is a leading global pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and medical device open-access capability and technology platform with operations in China and the United States. As an innovation-driven and customer-focused company, WuXi AppTec provides a broad and integrated portfolio of services throughout the drug R&D process. Our services are designed to help our worldwide customers shorten the discovery and development time and lower the cost of drug and medical device R&D through cost-effective and efficient solutions.
WuXi AppTec has successfully established a fully integrated services and technology platform during the past decade. The company built its initial capabilities around discovery chemistry and has further enhanced the integrated services with analytical services, bio-analytical services, process research, process development services, API manufacturing services, DMPK/ADME, discovery biology, pharmacology, formulation, toxicology, genomic services, biologics manufacturing services, antibody and biological research reagent manufacturing and sales, and most recently clinical research and regulatory services.
WuXi AppTec has developed from four founders and a single laboratory in December 2000 to 10,000 employees and 5 million square feet of laboratory and manufacturing space, including facilities under construction. The company is actively improving its capabilities and capacity through new expansions in its global business. Capitalizing on the great advantage of conducting R&D services both in China and in the U.S., WuXi AppTec is building an alternative R&D engine to serve the global life-science industry.