Assistant Director/Associate Director, Project Management
• Develop project plans and timeline for the project while working closely with the project CMC leader.
• Identify the critical path activities in the timeline and keep the internal staff and the client informed.
• Coordinates the internal resources and leads WuXi's efforts for timely completion of projects by interacting with the client and internal technical staff
• Holds regular meetings with team members and with clients to update progress as appropriate.
• Keep clients updated in a timely manner regarding progress of project, decision points, and events through teleconferences, e-mails, site visits or other suitable means.
• Monitor timeline and contract for accuracy and follows up on any discrepancies with clients and/or internal personnel.
• Confirm the completion of work by stage with client and ensures invoices are sent to client for processing.
• Act as a team leader and provide the training, guidance, feedback and review to the team members as needed.
• College degree in science/engineering field with 7 years of industrial working experience, or master degree with at least 5 years of working experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech field.
• Some experience in project management preferred.
• Good English skills, both written and oral.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work as a team member and as a leader.
• Good multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
Established in December 2000, WuXi AppTec is a leading global pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and medical device open-access capability and technology platform with operations in China and the United States. As an innovation-driven and customer-focused company, WuXi AppTec provides a broad and integrated portfolio of services throughout the drug R&D process. Our services are designed to help our worldwide customers shorten the discovery and development time and lower the cost of drug and medical device R&D through cost-effective and efficient solutions.
WuXi AppTec has successfully established a fully integrated services and technology platform during the past decade. The company built its initial capabilities around discovery chemistry and has further enhanced the integrated services with analytical services, bio-analytical services, process research, process development services, API manufacturing services, DMPK/ADME, discovery biology, pharmacology, formulation, toxicology, genomic services, biologics manufacturing services, antibody and biological research reagent manufacturing and sales, and most recently clinical research and regulatory services.
WuXi AppTec has developed from four founders and a single laboratory in December 2000 to 10,000 employees and 5 million square feet of laboratory and manufacturing space, including facilities under construction. The company is actively improving its capabilities and capacity through new expansions in its global business. Capitalizing on the great advantage of conducting R&D services both in China and in the U.S., WuXi AppTec is building an alternative R&D engine to serve the global life-science industry.